A strategy is not a weighty document. It is a single outline of an objective and the means of achieving it. There may be a lot of work behind it – researching, thinking and planning. However, the strategy in itself should be all that hard work filtered down into a simple action plan. The strategy is not and end, but a starting point.
Here is a guide to help you gather your thoughts and filter your thinking down into a strategy to help put your export communications plan into action.
- What market environment facts do you need to consider?
- What market facts and data do you need to collate?
- What is the media arena in your chosen market?
- Who is your audience (or audiences)?
- What do you want to say to them?
- What action do you want them to take in response?